I love you, Bob Nanna. And Billy Werner. And Blake Schwarzenbach. And other such perfectly sad, sappy dudes whose names start with that stupid second letter.
I’ve been on hiatus for a long time, and I have plenty of stories…but whatever. People aren’t here for reading.
Perfectly put by Bill Watterson.
He’s been building a compartment in my heart since I first learned to read comics, and he’ll stay there even after my vision completely goes.
Thanks for always understanding me, at every age. I love you.
About to put on Grave of the Fireflies before bed…this is what I like to call a “pregret”.
Fall of Efrafa // No Longer Human
beneath this skin
i am not human
i shed this flesh
in the name of shame
i shed this species
in the name of respect
for every life
we have taken from this earth
we are all butchers, plague bearers
the separation of man and beast
we are worth nothing
we are owed nothing
we have learnt nothing
the dawn of man bore
witness to this end
silent faces turn callously away
in these eyes, sentience is rife
a cry, a smile – emotion we deny
we are worth nothing
we are owed nothing
we have learnt nothing
born unto the hands of man
divide in death, their skin and bone
throats slit, bodies fall numb
this atrocity must come undone
a vegan species forced flesh into it’s maw
suffocated on the blood of the dead and wanted more
eyes outgrew stomachs, bloated with greed
carnivore only in name, without the need
human kind is a hypocrisy
compassion quashed with unhealthy need
tell yourself you can stomach their death
your words cast out on their dying breath
and all i can say is that i am sorry for what we have done
A forever favorite and perfect band, a forever heartfelt jam. This song has accurately defined my exact feelings in a way that still gives me chills. I’m guilty by association, but I do what I can, when I can…true compassion is more than blind hope for change and apologizing for the past.
When I die, I desire no marked grave nor designated plot…this land is not mine nor any person’s, dead or alive. I only wish to sink into soil and give back even the most miniscule amount of what this species has stolen and ravaged.
Crow People // Alone Again
Such an underrated anarcho-psych band. I wish they had more material.
glocca morra // irrevocable motherfucker
i’m really just posting upbeat-ish songs pretending that it’s helping me accept the reality of getting evicted on my birthday and potentially being homeless in a matter of 2 weeks. i’m done faking it now.
hey mercedes // lashing out
from the top of my lungs to the tips of their tongues, i know.
The Princess Mononoke stage adaptation has opened in London to sell-out performances and rave reviews. The play’s puppets and costumes are made out of recycled material, reflecting Miyazaki’s environmental message.
whoa how did I not know this was a thing?!?
I NEED TO SEE THIS
dead. forever so dead.
Cap’n Jazz // Ooh Do I Love You
i’m singing. i’m hollering. i’m always bothering.
An all-time mixtape favorite.
being passive-aggressive gets you everywhere in life.
keep up the good work, guys.
"(PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THIS. It may save a life.)
It seems that a lot of attackers use some tactic to get away with violence and not many people know how to take care of themselves when faced with such a situation.
FYI: a group of convicted rapists and date rapists were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victims, and here are some interesting facts:
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid, or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair. Women with short hair are not common targets.
2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women who’s clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women using their cell phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking because they could be caught off-guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) The #1 place women are abducted from//attacked at is grocery store parking lots.
5) The second most common place is office parking lots//garages.
6) The third most common place is public restrooms.
7) Predators are looking to grab their victim and quickly move them to a second location where they don’t have to worry about getting caught.
8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you is time-consuming//not worth it.
9) These attackers said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas or other similar objects that can be used from a distance.
10) Keys ARE NOT a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you’re not worth it.
POINTS THAT WE SHOULD REMEMBER:
1) If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question or make general small talk: ”I can’t believe it is so cold out here, we’re in for a bad winter”. Now that you’ve seen their faces and could identify them in a line-up, you lose appeal as a target.
2) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP or STAY BACK! Most of the attackers interviewed said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.
3) If you carry pepper spray, (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes) yelling I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.
4) If someone grabs you, it’s difficult to beat them with strength but you can do it by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm between the elbow and armpit or on the upper inner thigh - HARD. Try pinching yourself in those vulnerable places as hard as you can stand it; it really hurts.
5) After the initial hit, always go for the groin.
6) When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible.
7) Of course, the things we always hear still apply: always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can, if you see any odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your instincts.
FINALLY, PLEASE REMEMBER THESE AS WELL:
1) A tip from Tae Kwon Do: the elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do it.
2) If a robber asks for your wallet and//or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO THEM, toss it away from you. Chances are that they are more interested in your wallet and//or purse than you. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3) If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4) Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit…DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU CLOSE THE DOORS, LEAVE.
5) A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot//garage:
a. Be aware: look into and around your entire car, as someone may be hiding in the passenger side or backseat. (DO THIS TOO BEFORE RIDING A TAXI CAB)
b. If you are parked next to a bigger vehicle//van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vehicles while the victims are attempting to get into their cars.
c. Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side; if someone is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the nearest building and get a guard to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
6) Always take the elevator instead of the stairs, stairwells are the perfect crime spot.
7) If the predator has a gun and you ARE NOT under their control, RUN. The predator will only hit a running target 4 out of 100 times.
8) Try not to be so easily sympathetic. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked for help into or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
Although this is a really helpful article with important information, it bums me out that predominately women (men in some cases), need to be so paranoid every second of their lives. We focus so hard on teaching women how to avoid abduction//rape when really, we should start teaching men (and women) NOT to rape. Educate yourself and other about consent, rape and all types of sexual assault and make it a necessity to practice it so that we can lower the numbers of rape and sexual assaulters.”