glocca morra // irrevocable motherfucker
i’m really just posting upbeat-ish songs pretending that it’s helping me accept the reality of getting evicted on my birthday and potentially being homeless in a matter of 2 weeks. i’m done faking it now.
hey mercedes // lashing out
from the top of my lungs to the tips of their tongues, i know.
The Princess Mononoke stage adaptation has opened in London to sell-out performances and rave reviews. The play’s puppets and costumes are made out of recycled material, reflecting Miyazaki’s environmental message.
whoa how did I not know this was a thing?!?
I NEED TO SEE THIS
dead. forever so dead.
Cap’n Jazz // Ooh Do I Love You
i’m singing. i’m hollering. i’m always bothering.
An all-time mixtape favorite.
being passive-aggressive gets you everywhere in life.
keep up the good work, guys.
“(PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THIS. It may save a life.)
It seems that a lot of attackers use some tactic to get away with violence and not many people know how to take care of themselves when faced with such a situation.
FYI: a group of convicted rapists and date rapists were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victims, and here are some interesting facts:
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid, or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair. Women with short hair are not common targets.
2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women who’s clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women using their cell phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking because they could be caught off-guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) The #1 place women are abducted from//attacked at is grocery store parking lots.
5) The second most common place is office parking lots//garages.
6) The third most common place is public restrooms.
7) Predators are looking to grab their victim and quickly move them to a second location where they don’t have to worry about getting caught.
8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you is time-consuming//not worth it.
9) These attackers said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas or other similar objects that can be used from a distance.
10) Keys ARE NOT a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you’re not worth it.
POINTS THAT WE SHOULD REMEMBER:
1) If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question or make general small talk: ”I can’t believe it is so cold out here, we’re in for a bad winter”. Now that you’ve seen their faces and could identify them in a line-up, you lose appeal as a target.
2) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP or STAY BACK! Most of the attackers interviewed said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.
3) If you carry pepper spray, (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes) yelling I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.
4) If someone grabs you, it’s difficult to beat them with strength but you can do it by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm between the elbow and armpit or on the upper inner thigh - HARD. Try pinching yourself in those vulnerable places as hard as you can stand it; it really hurts.
5) After the initial hit, always go for the groin.
6) When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible.
7) Of course, the things we always hear still apply: always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can, if you see any odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your instincts.
FINALLY, PLEASE REMEMBER THESE AS WELL:
1) A tip from Tae Kwon Do: the elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do it.
2) If a robber asks for your wallet and//or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO THEM, toss it away from you. Chances are that they are more interested in your wallet and//or purse than you. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3) If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4) Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit…DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU CLOSE THE DOORS, LEAVE.
5) A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot//garage:
a. Be aware: look into and around your entire car, as someone may be hiding in the passenger side or backseat. (DO THIS TOO BEFORE RIDING A TAXI CAB)
b. If you are parked next to a bigger vehicle//van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vehicles while the victims are attempting to get into their cars.
c. Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side; if someone is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the nearest building and get a guard to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
6) Always take the elevator instead of the stairs, stairwells are the perfect crime spot.
7) If the predator has a gun and you ARE NOT under their control, RUN. The predator will only hit a running target 4 out of 100 times.
8) Try not to be so easily sympathetic. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked for help into or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
Although this is a really helpful article with important information, it bums me out that predominately women (men in some cases), need to be so paranoid every second of their lives. We focus so hard on teaching women how to avoid abduction//rape when really, we should start teaching men (and women) NOT to rape. Educate yourself and other about consent, rape and all types of sexual assault and make it a necessity to practice it so that we can lower the numbers of rape and sexual assaulters.”
Portraits Of Past // Something Less Than Intended
remember those ideals, mom and dad?
remember carefree friendship?
oh, those great times.
living like the stars,
just playing with our hearts,
predestined, predestined, I’m predestined.
let’s play scapegoat,
let’s play martyr.
let’s be living dead.
okay, i’m going to fuck you over now.
it’s like I’m living someone else’s life.
okay, i’m going to fuck you over now,
but i know i’m not “them”.
flashy packaging leads me to believe in the novelty of my own being.
evolving into enemy, into trash, into self.
look at this hand,
would i hurt someone?
the tongue will brand, regardless.
looking in the mirror,
i’d trust that face.
perusing for reflection,
you’d be a fool too.
you’re like the ocean floor, vast and cool.
you’re like a swimming pool, but not as blue.
and i fell in.
so, take my hand, we’ll swim around.
kiss me hard, until i drown.
diagrams make me happy.
Educate yourself // express yourself.
Will always reblog There Will Be Blood. Will always love D-Day Lewis. <3